About Me

My photo
My name is Kalynne Renee, I work at Rue 21. My major is secondary education. I'm very outgoing, honest, determined, organized,and a very kind hearted person. I enjoy spending time with my boyfriend, my family and his, and I also enjoy living life to the fullest. "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Chinese Proverb

Sunday, January 29, 2012

DEJ #1: Digital Upgrade in Education

“What if bad writing is a product of the form of writing required in school — the term paper — and not necessarily intrinsic to a student’s natural writing style or thought process?” 



What is really considered bad writing? We grow up learning what is so called proper English, but who really determined what is proper and what is improper. Everyone grows up in different regions of the world and is taught what is proper to them. So is there really one way to say something that is actually correct. Technology is bringing a whole new outlook on writing and what is used on a daily basis. Texting is one thing that affects our knowledge of what were learned in grade school and middle school to be proper English. I think that as long as you are speaking in a way that the other person is able to comprehend what you are saying then why isn’t it proper. Also the use of slang effects a student use of so called good writing because of them using it on a daily basis.What is really considered bad writing? We grow up learning what is so called proper English, but who really determined what is proper and what is improper. Everyone grows up in different regions of the world and is taught what is proper to them. So is there really one way to say something that is actually correct. Technology is bringing a whole new outlook on writing and what is used on a daily basis. Texting is one thing that affects our knowledge of what were learned in grade school and middle school to be proper English. I think that as long as you are speaking in a way that the other person is able to comprehend what you are saying then why isn't it proper. Also the use of slang effects a student use of so called good writing because of them using it on a daily basis.

Hefferman, Virginia. "Education Needs a Digital-Age Upgrade." The New York Times[New York City] 7 Aug. 2011: n. pag. Education Needs a Digital-Age Upgrade. Web. 29 Jan. 2012.



Katz, Daniel. education needs a digital upgrade. N.d. Daniel Katz, schools. Computational Legal Studies. Web. 29 Jan. 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment